Thursday, September 07, 2006
an eventful evening.. (in my life anyway...)
Yesterday was different for a change (day 3 by the way, I'm on a roll......) Got home from work, caught up on some blogs (a couple new discovery/links to my sidebar as well ). I had a few emails to respond to on my two Sicily forums, and then went to the TUBE for a bit. At like 530 I took a nap (most mornings I am up by 4 so sometimes I just need to shut my eyes for an hour, instant rejuvenation). Then I got a call from this guy I was seeing a while back (it was expected, this wasn't a surprise) We made plans to meet in CT so that I could help him look up something on his grandfather. First we hit Wendy's and and then off to the LDS Family history center. The records were pretty bad, unreadable, wasted trip I guess. Afterward he came back up here to my condo so we could watch this movie he wanted me to see.


I'm not so sure I really liked it. Parker Posey was not at her best, I felt like she was in a cast of idiots (well except maybe for Chris Kattan, who was at best ok). I felt like the writer/director tried too hard, no waaaay too hard. I laughed a little, but not enough to want to see it again any time soon. The guy who brought it here said (because I am a die hard John Waters fan) I would love this film. Not that it IS a Waters film, but he thought that one would indicate the other. No way, not even close. Like (por ejemplo)...

Steve tries to show Adam some affection in public, and Adam shys away saying something like "every time I show affection to another man in public, a Jersey redneck throws a beer bottle at me" After that every time they kiss/hold hands/etc a beer bottle comes flying out of nowhere. By the end of the movie they are ducking on Q... like I said, the people who made this tried a little too hard. It wasn't horrible, and well, twas was a nice enough evening. Afterward I stood up, thanked him and pretty much said I was tired and needed to get some sleep. He left, I am pretty sure he was expecting some, I just wasn't giving any. Yea ok that was a little graphic, sorry. Let me change the subject....

---




---

S3 160

19 Comments:
Blogger Steve said...
I just wasn't giving any.

Classic. Happy HNT, Jim!

Blogger Unknown said...
Thnx for the review on that. I will probably rent it sometime.

Blogger S said...
Persian Guy, Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have been missed!
Happy HNT sir, and welcome back!

You say more in just a few phrases than most of the rest of us can using pages of ink stained scribbling.
And umm, I vote for all four pictures. I like the notion that they imply their own story.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have to agree with you that a 'gay' film really has to be good before I'll sing in praises. I hate the fact that if a movie has a gay character, boys will flock to see it. Rubbish most of the time and not worth the money you plonk down. Oh well at least you kept your virtue this time. THIS time....:)
Mwah,
kb

Blogger daveincleveland said...
too funny....and for the record i like pic #3 the best....too cute
........:)

Blogger Polt said...
Hehe, they're all quite nice, but the #1 photo you didn't use is by far my favorite!

Persian Guy in boxers...who can that NOT be a good photo? :)

HAPPY HNT!

Blogger Monogram Queen said...
"I am pretty sure he was expecting some, I just wasn't giving any."
oh and WHO was laughing at my "getting a little bit in the morning" comment just last week hehe...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I like picture #1 the best... although I think you should work on less half, more naked!

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Ya know, I got that movie from Netflix and didn't even watch the ending to tell the truth. It almost seemed like it was a bunch of straight guys that said, "Hey, gay movies are hot right now. Let's make one." yeah....always seems to be the case unfortunately.

And why do you always have to go and be so hot? heh :)

If not today then tomorrow I'll try and get a hold of ya. Not in that way you dirty man hehe;)

Hugs!

Blogger tornwordo said...
Nice shots! Happy HNT as well. I think I saw that movie, yet remember almost nothing about it, lol.

Blogger Kalv1n said...
WHERE ARE YOUR SHEETS!?

Blogger madamerouge said...
nice legs

Blogger Stephen said...
Happy HNT. Glad you were not able to make up your mind, more HOT pics for us to look at.

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
wow. Happy HNT. I had me at picture ONE. wow.

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
Hahaha I meant to say YOU HAD ME AT PICTURE ONE! Hahahaha

Blogger lime said...
hey there, thanks for the HNt comment. i like your shot too. sorry the movie was a bust.

i read through some of the other posts. love the family history posts. good read.

happy belated HNT

Blogger Kevin said...
How can you post pics like that and not expect us to want to hop on?

Blogger Donald said...
Very nice pics :-)