Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Way Back Wednesday #2

Great-Great Grandfather Theodore Wyrwas, born 31 March 1849 Olesie, Dobrzyca, Poznan State, Germany son of Mateusz Wyrwas & Susanna Okupniczak. He emigrated to The United States in 1878, leaving Hamburg, Germany and arriving New York City. Within a year he traveled north to Springfield, Massachusetts where he appears in the 1880 City Directory for the first time. He married Springfield 3 March 1880 to Lucy L. Mercier , who he met through her father Edouard only 6 months before. The couple had 9 children before Theodore mysteriously disappeared in 1896. There was a rumor in the family that Lucy (who was quite unstable toward the end of her life) poisoned him and her family disposed of the body somehow, but this is pure speculation. Another rumor was that he removed south to Bridgeport, CT, changed his name and remarried, producing more children. While this is more likely, I have never been able to find someone who fits in the Connecticut State Library. I will keep looking and perhaps someday the mystery can be solved.

---

You Tube got me again last night. It happens quite subtly, at first I am reading a blog, then watch a video, then all of a sudden it's 3 hours later and I've been going from one Video to the next and it's 2AM. Well that happened again last night. I don't know what the problem was but I couldn't not for the life of me get a video I wanted to share posted. There is a code to the right of the video which I have typically copied and pasted here into a post and which would show up once I publish. This wouldn't work last night, and it frustrated me to no end. I even started searching forums and help sites to no avail. Anyone have any Ideas? I freaking love that site, and the creativity with which some people are able to express through home-made short clips. I might even upload a few in the near future (provided I ever get it to work).
---



Panic! at the Disco

Check these guys out. Months ago my younger son accidentally downloaded a clip and burned it for us to listen while driving somewhere. (They actually sound at first listen quite like Fall Out Boy, explaining why the file was mislabled) Woah .. for a such a young group of guys they are amazingly talented. I am serious, freaking brilliant!! The lead singer Brandon is sooo going places. His passion, energy level, and dramatic grace are collectively quite impressive.

I've uploaded a clip to my server... their biggest hit so far, check it out you will not be disappointed, these guys are going to be even bigger methinks. Old news maybe, but many of my friends still haven't heard of them, hell nobody I know has.

---

(click on the title below to listen)

I write sins not Tragedies...

(from A Fever You Can't Sweat Out)

Oh, well imagine; as I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor,
and I can't help but to hear, no I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words:
"What a beautiful wedding!", "What a beautiful wedding!" says a bridesmaid to a waiter.
"And yes, but what a shame, what a shame, the poor groom's bride is a whore."

I'd chime in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.
I'd chime in "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of...

Well in fact, well I'll look at it this way, I mean technically our marriage is saved
Well this calls for a toast, so pour the champagne
Oh! Well in fact, well I'll look at it this way, I mean technically our marriage is saved
Well this calls for a toast, so pour the champagne, pour the champagne

I'd chime in with a "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.
I'd chime in "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.

Again...

I'd chime in "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.
I'd chime in "Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?!"
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality.

Again...

---

Laters :)

S81 C12 151

11 Comments:
Blogger OLY said...
What a kewl band! Im loving the song.. and to boot they are cute as well!!..
Im gonna buy this one :) Thanks Jim!!

Blogger Steve said...
I love Panic! At The Disco... especially that song. I first saw them mentioned at Rey's blog, then stole... er, I mean found some of their songs on the internet and am now hooked! Hope you have a great day, Jim.

Blogger Polt said...
I HAVE heard Panic At The disco,and they are pretty good. I prefer Fall Out Boy, only because I found photos of the lead singer online that he took of himself for an ex-girlfriend, and they involve some full frontal erectness.

I am SUCH a perv!

Luv ya

Blogger vuboq said...
My company's Evil Firewall of Doom blocks all YouTube videos (and practically everything else fun). It's so sad.

*sniff*

Awesome band. Finding a new creative voice is so exciting to me.
For so young, (and cute!), they seem to have something to say.

Blogger Rey Rey said...
I just saw Panic! this past weekend at the big Bamboozle Festival in Jersey and they were great live. And yeah, as Steve I wrote a cover story hereon the boys back in April, as you now know... I think you'll have an AWESOME time there... But make sure you see one of my old clients, The Dresden Dolls (they go on before Panic! on this tour). They're AMAZING too...

Blogger potusol said...
I really like that song. It was one of my impulse iTunes purchases. I hate to say it but there just aren't many new bands I like, but I'm trying. : )

Blogger NeiLDC said...
im trying to hear the song.. hope i could make it on my player, more power on your wayback wednesday bro!

Blogger DEREK said...
this is very interesting, don't you love these kinds of stories that get passed around, I love you tube!

Blogger Unknown said...
Great post!
I get lost in you tube all the time too, lol!

Blogger The Persian said...
Cesco: They are pretty amazing, you should!

steve: thanks for telling me about the article on Rey's site, I went over and checked it out.

castor: I emailed you!

hanuman: What's up with THAT?

brad: Well I have 3 domains to host my video/music/photo files, but without it a "middle man" would be necessary yea.

vuboq: SO does mine! I can only view the clips from home.

mrsecret: I'll make sure to get there early enough to catch Dresden Dolls, thanks for the heads up :)

nick: That's just one of the things I like about this group, they are unique.

Jeff: You should buy more, this one is only the tip of the iceberg, they get even better!

neil: Hope you were able to hear it!

derek: I wonder if there is any truth to the story, I guess I'll never know (or will I?) :)

marko: it's so addicting!