Monday, May 08, 2006
Meat Free Monday..

going along with VUBOQ's Meat Free Monday theme..I present my less than exiting lunch.. Salad, Red wine Vinaigrette Dressing and Tomato wrap. Boring, but there is something about Vinegar which gives me a rush, probably why I am also addicted to Ketchup & Bread & Butter Pickles, but that's another post. It was delicious despite the simplicity. (yea it's 10:35 and i've eaten lunch already .. keeps the metabolism working to eat small meals several times a day)
---



So the final decision was Benchwarmers over Silent Hill , now that doesn't mean we won't see Silent Hill, because we are probably set to check it out this coming Saturday but I think we made a great choice. It was hard to find playing at a convenient time and I had to drive about 20 minutes farther than normal for us to see it, but not one of us was disappointed. If you like Adam Sandler flics, you have to see this, if you don't and are too uptight and humorless to laugh at idiotic slapstick cheesy ass scenes, corny one-liners and unrealistic parody then save yourself the $10.00 you will hate this film. We will be buying this when released to DVD and watching it again and again.

---
I am having the worst time getting up in the morning lately, and have to end up throwing together posts at the last minute. I am not so sure why, I go to bed by 11 and am definitely wide awake when the alarm goes off at 5:30 but still, I can't drag my ass out of bed and into the kitchen to make some tea (I gave up coffee a couple months ago) until the last possible moment and it seems of late that "last possible moment" is much later than it should be. Generally I need to be in the shower by 7:20 to get out the door by 7:40, I never make it anymore and usually get to work 5-10 minutes late (which isn't really a big deal, I don't get in trouble but still). UGH..it's 725 right now I'm already late.
---
As a result of rushing, my morning posts are not only late, but thrown together too quickly. I think I have to start doing this the night before, when the clock isn't ticking and I don't feel a sense of urgency to "wrap it up". Oh well, aaaaanywaaaay.. we didn't do much else yesterday except watch some TV, burn a couple CDs, eat lunch and drive around a bit. I should have done some laundry or cleaned the place but eh.. I never feel like doing that stuff when they are here (naturally). Saturday my older son told me all about his recent trip to DC and gave me the most amazing gift (have to take a photo for tomorrow's post) it's a beautiful replica bank of the Capital building and I LOVE it, now to find a suitable place where my cat from hell won't jump up and knock it over. Ok...so the shower is calling me and I have to make my lunch.
---
Laters :)
S79 C12 152
13 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sweetness, don't ever just think you HAVE to do anything. That is the real killer of creativity. Haves are the shits and yet if you give yourself a break and take a day or two to collect your thoughts, your pot will overflow with new things you want to share with your biotches here in the blogosphere.
Mwah on the well defined abs of yours,
kb

Blogger Doghigh said...
Well rushed together or not I am always happy to read your updates (unless it is bad news in which case I am not happy but...well you get the point...).

Have a good, peaceful meat-free Monday, babe!

Blogger vuboq said...
YAY!
*Meat-Free Monday Smooches*

Have a great and happy day!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
"if you don't and are too uptight and humorless to laugh at idiotic slapstick cheesy ass scenes, corny one-liners and unrealistic parody then save yourself the $10.00 you will hate this film."

Yikes. That's harsh. I don't enjoy that kind of film at all, yet I would hardly consider myself uptight; I just have a different sense of humor.

Now if you'll excuse me, a slab of bacon is calling, and I need to start marinading the ribs to grill for dinner...

Blogger purpletwinkie said...
I agree with not "making yourself have to do anything"...especially when blogging. I think we all go through a "OMG I HAVE to blog" "I'm late with my blog post" phase. Not sure why.

And yay for meat-free Monday.

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...
Here's my hippy salad and it is delish...

Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Apples
Avocados

And for the dressing...

Olive oil
Soy Sauce
Lemon or lime juice
Garlic powder
Cayenne Pepper
Curry
Salt

Bon apetit! And yes, my own invention from a day when I had nothing but the above in the house...

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...
"if you don't and are too uptight and humorless to laugh at idiotic slapstick cheesy ass scenes, corny one-liners and unrealistic parody then save yourself the $10.00 you will hate this film."

How sweet of you to think of me with this line! You're right though. I'd rather drive sharp pieces of bamboo under my fingernails than to throw money at mainstream junk like this.

Blogger potusol said...
My meat free monday is shot because I'm grilling chicken out on the patio at this very moment (it is my sunday after all). I'm on the verge of a blog meltdown myself. Stay tuned. xoxo

Blogger Jim said...
I'm liking your veggie meal and agreeing with the vinegar thing, it adds zip! Next, we have to get you going on Aleppo Pepper and Smoked Spanish Paprika!

I had to cut back on the post frequency too, Jim, it was becoming a chore rather than fun.

Blogger Polt said...
"a beautiful replica bank of the Capital building and I LOVE it, now to find a suitable place where my cat from hell won't jump up and knock it over."

Sounds like a great gift from a great son. Did he enjoy the trip? What all did he see down there. I was down in DC on Saturday, mighta seen him and not known it. :) but the cat from hell part...see? what did I tell ya???

luv ya!

Has my short term memory completely gone south, or have you put up a new banner? Well, whether it's new or not, I love it. The "old country" theme is really touching.
I'd give a lot to see you in your babouchka.
love,
DEL

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
Mmmm....vinegar! It's one of my fav things. Everyone seems to think that I'm a little crazy because I sometimes take nips of straight vinegar. Well I like it so..? :)

I haven't heard of this Meatless Monday but being raised in Texas...that's kinda hard for me to comprehend hehe

*Hugs!*

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Silent Hill was so incredibly bad, I honestly can't believe it was made. Seriously.