Monday, May 15, 2006


I just woke up and already am a little stressed. Wish me luck :) I cleaned everything that had "smoke" residue on it in my room, and threw the pack out around midnight. My super boring job is going to be quite difficult to get through without smoke breaks & internet. I just want to go back to bed.

---
weekend recap - short and sweet
Saturday - kids and I picked up grammy, took her to a Chinese buffet where my Aunt joined us shortly afterward. Gram is getting pretty bad at this point, and for some reason she is just fascinated by the Sushi bar, but ONLY on her last dessert trip up. I tell her each time she nears it, "Gram that is not dessert". I even tried to pull her away from it this time, but she's stubborn. We all cringed when she came back with not one but TWO servings of Sushi piled right on top of her vanilla pudding. Telling her only results in an angry reaction so once again we had to relive...
"ohhh I DON'T like this"
spitting it out... sigh reminds me of that movie with Drew Barrymore where she forgets each morning the last one had happened. We did have a decent time for the most part otherwise.
---
Sunday was my son's party which was fun, Pizza, fudge-like Bakery Cake etc. He ended up doing pretty well for himself in the gift department and he still had his mother's party to go to that night.
---
cross your fingers for me today I'm going to need it.
---
Laters
S86 C10 151
17 Comments:
Blogger Polt said...
They say the first day is the hardest. Just remember all us out here pulling for ya. And the money you'll save. And how great the house will smell. And according to my father, once he quit, he could actually taste things again. Have a supply of lollipops on hand, that's supposed to ease the desire somewhat?

Best of luck man! Luv ya!

Blogger vuboq said...
Hang in there! You can do it!

*smooch*

Blogger Kalv1n said...
Best of luck! I love the story about your grandmother. Although, I'm wondering what kind of sushi looks like desert. The rolls? Sashimi? Nigiri? Or maybe the cone ones, but I guess nori doens't look much like ice cream cones, so it must be the rolls. I'm glad the parties went well. GOOD LUCK AGAIN!

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...
It's sad when old people become forgetful like that...but at the same time, it creates a lot of funny stories. My gramma had Alzheimer's and as horrible as it was to witness her decline, some of the things she did and said still make me howl with laughter.

Be strong, buddy. If you do stumble, just start over. I'm in your corner.
D

Yeah, and it sounds like Grams is into colors, as far as food. Funny...

Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...
Good luck with the smoking thingie.....celebrate every minute that you don't smoke....each second is an accomplishment.....and way less overwhelming than saying, "you've quit, forever." All those baby-steps will work up to and equate to long-term success.....at least that's how it's worked for me......when I gave up women.....heheheheh just kidding.....Never been addicted to chicks LOL

Blogger Unknown said...
Good for you bro, keep at it, I know its hard beleive me!

Blogger CyberWarlock said...
Good luck! I know how hard it can be.

Blogger Michael The Shadow said...
You know you can count on me buddy. Call me if ya need to let off some steam ok?

HUGS!

Blogger Alden said...
Crossing fingers, arms, legs, eyes and all the t's that I write today. I look like a freak, of course, but if it helps...

Blogger toobusyliving said...
That sushi thing is one of the funniest things I have ever read. I love it. GOOD LUCK!! Even the thought of quitting smoking terrifies me; although I have managed to basically give-up food, which was one of my other "crutches!"

I'll be rooting for you......

Blogger OLY said...
Good Luck Bello..
xox

Blogger S said...
Hey, it's the end of day one...how did you do? I'm sure you can do this, you are so strong!

I linked you again for Tori Tuesday!

Blogger Tay Hota said...
congrats on quitting!!! you're already one day stronger than I... in my past quits I've enjoyed the company at quitnet.com

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...
If anyone can do it, it is you! I am rooting for you all the way from crazy Spain!

Does your grandma have Alzeheimer's? I think that is probably info from before I found you so forgive me for not knowing!

Much love to you my friend!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm wishing you strength and willpower, in addition to luck.
Regarding your dear little Grandmother: these incidents can make you cry and, then, laugh.